If you're here reading, I'm sure you probably know me already. I'm a pretty boring person. Mom to two boys and a toddler who is treated like a princess by her two big brothers. I'm wife to a college professor. Here I am just placing my random thoughts about my day down "on paper" and trying to document the little things that happen in our life before the memory is lost in my over-filled brain.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Good news ... we have a date
I finally spoke with the shoring company (foundation leveling/raising contractor), Cable-Lock today. We have a date. We are scheduled for the week of November 13. Chris was a bit disappointed because this probably means that we won't be finished in time for Christmas, but I'm a bit hopeful. I'm going to call our contractor tomorrow and let him know, and see if the flooring and remaining painting/trim can be scheduled for late November or early December. And make arrangements for a plumber as soon as the tile is completed. We may not be completely done by Christmas, but it is possible that we will be mostly done. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic (and we all know that Chris is extremely pessimistic). But maybe by New Years at most? Really, I think (maybe I'm wrong) that once the slab is level, as long as we don't have scheduling conflicts, that the remaining interior work won't take more than 2-3 weeks. I do have to replace the plumbing under the house once the slab is back in place. But, that won't really affect any of the interior work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's disappointing to think that it might not be done by Christmas, but at least you finally have a date for the slab. That is 1 step in the right direction :)
Yay! Finally light at the end of the tunnel! WAHOO!
Post a Comment