Pages

Friday, September 08, 2006

Another next step with the house.

I spoke with my contractor today to let him know that we have the cable-lock scheduled, and to start making arrangements to schedule to have carpet installed upstairs. I am a little concerned - he told me that they are no longer in business as Roughneck Construction (their name ... what was I thinking????? - I know!! but the guy's family lives in our subdivision so and they were doing several houses that flooded in the neighborhood). He said that the carpenters he used are still in business, and he is still doing general contracting but his partner has moved on and the business is dissolved. If my roof leaks in 2 years, who do I call? I'm starting to get really worried.

They also hadn't completed the work that they started, but I also hadn't finished paying them (since it wasn't complete).

I went ahead and had him schedule the carpet installers for a few weeks from now, but I think I'll handle getting tile installers on my own, get my own plumber to re-install the plumbing downstairs, and will just let them finish fixing what we were unhappy with (some of the carpentry), and install the kitchen cabinets.

Again ... at least we are moving forward again.

And ... ONE WEEK UNTIL WE LEAVE FOR DISNEYWORLD!!! I'm going to finish packing almost everything this weekend. I'll just have to throw some of my clothes, and toiletries in last minute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh Oooh! A week! *clapping*

Well, I am glad things are moving forward with your house! Thats got to feel good after a year!

Andrea said...

That's a little nerve wracking about the contractor. Hope it all works out in the end :)

Deanne J said...

I'm glad you are moving forward with your hous Shannon, my mom was asking about you when we were home.

Hope you and the boys have a great time at Disney, you deserve it.