There is no denying that Philip, our youngest, is 100% HIS FATHER'S CHILD. Those of you who know him, know that Chris is a total smart ass, and always has been.
And apparently, Philip takes after him.
This afternoon when it was time for me to pick the kids up, they were at the pool. Philip was not ready to go and used several stall tactics, dragging the process out beyond ten minutes. Our little mental struggle ended with me holding his upper arm very tightly and practically dragging him to the car. When we got home, I began my lecture about respect. He insisted that he respects his elders, and had several excuses for not complying when I told him it was time to leave.
During my lecture, I said something pretty sarcastic. At this point I don't even remember exactly what it was. (Maybe "Oh, so you DO respect me, I see that, like when you ignore me and run away when I tell you it is time to leave, you are right, that is respect, I was wrong." ... or something like that.) It was then that he held up his hand, and said "can we do this without the sarcasm"?
I choked, bit my lower lip, and I think I hurt my throat trying to control the chuckles. Chris opened the fridge and buried his face into it, in an effort to hide his laughing. I turned my back to Philip and just couldn't stop shaking I was laughing so hard - though I did remain silent.
In this situation, it is bad to let him see you laugh. Very bad. I know that. But I finally just had to walk outside. I couldn't recover. He knew what was happening. He knew he pushed the button that he wanted to push. Mission accomplished. And once again, proof that Chris is his dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment