First, Bacchanal Wine .... I know I posted a bulletin about this last week, but I’m going to remind you/bug you again. Chris Rudge, the owner of a GREAT wine shop in the Bywater area of New Orleans was in a horrible accident with his wife and a friend. They need our help. FIRST and FOREMOST - visit their wine shop (if you are here in New Orleans of course). It is GREAT! I haven’t been to the tapas happy hours since Chef Pete stopped doing it (not because I have anything against the other chefs, I just haven’t made it out there ... kids and all). It is a great spot, and always fun.
Check out their tastings/events/Chef Sundays/etc ... http://bacchanalwine.com/
Or - you can help them in their recovery by donating directly to the fund that has been set up (the story and updates are also posted here) http://www.chrisandotter.com/
Sports....
The kids and I had a fabulous time Friday night at the Hornets game Friday night. Still couldn’t get Chris to go (but Philip did save his program for his dad because "it has a bunch of hot chicks on the cover, and dad likes hot chicks"). I explained to Philip that even scantily clad "hot chicks" won’t get their dad into a sporting event. I took a couple of camera phone pics (because I followed the "no camera" rules printed on the ticket - then saw tons of families with camera taking pictures - I’m sure that my DSLR with extra lenses would have been a no-no, but after seeing so many cameras I wish I had brought my point & shoot. Again, the arena was packed, the Hornets delivered, and we had a great time. They want to go again ... umm, sorry kids. I can’t afford NBA playoff tickets. The season is over. We will go again next year. But - it is baseball season. We’ll hit a few Zephyrs games instead. We’ve never done that before either.
Cooking ...
did a little this weekend. Not much exciting. And the kids wouldn’t eat it. Even Zachary. I didn’t expect that. I made a pasta topped with chicken/portabello/marsala/cream sauce. It wasn’t exactly Chicken marsala. Someone recently told me of a veal marsala they did, but added cream. Cream=wonderfully delicious fat=good. I thought it came out great. Chris doesn’t like pasta much at all anyway, but it was "good for pasta". The kids turned their noses up at it. No pictures. I was cleaning and chasing kids out of the kitchen (my own plus others) while I cooked. No time to dig out the camera.
I’m feeling uninspired. I want to find something new to try. Not sure what. But when I do, I’ll post about it and include food porn.
This weekend....
Chris is headed to Montreal for a week, leaving Sunday. Maybe I’ll play around in the kitchen and with my camera while he’s gone. I may take the kids to City Park this Sunday and take some pictures. Or, we may go to French Quarter Fest. I don’t know. Anyone want to come? Chasing after a 7 and 9 year old through the Quarter by myself doesn’t sound like much fun. Not that anyone ELSE wants to come chase after my 7 and 9 year old boys
No comments:
Post a Comment