How do you know if you are obsessed with FOOD and COMPUTERS?? Could it be when you blog ABOUT food blogs? Maybe.
I am home on a weekday afternoon ... a rare occurance. My sister has been my sitter all week as the kids are out of school for their obnoxiously long spring break. She needed me to come home this afternoon. But on my way to relieve her from her duties as keeper of my wild children, I swung by the Asian Market on Williams for a couple of supplies. One, really ... but I ended up filling my basket. Though that is much better than filling it up at the regular grocery store, I only spent $44 - I thought that was good.
What sparked my need for a stop there? Since I opened the latest blog entry from my favorite food bloggist (is that a word?). I just love Jaden, of Steamy Kitchen. Seriously. You have to go read her stuff. She’s great! Funny, and damn good recipes. Mostly Asian, but easy to make at home Asian.
http://steamykitchen.com/
Go read it. Really. Come back when you are done. No, wait. Finish reading MY blog first - because you can get lost for hours reading her back entries. Or is that just me? Maybe I’m weird. Or obsessed. I guess that answers my question - I’m obsessed. Yep, I am.
So ... she posted a recipe for a roast chicken in plum sauce. I needed the sauce. I got my sauce (and some soba noodles, and some smelt roe for making some sushi this weekend, and some sweet chili sauce just because, and some enoki mushrooms - cause I like ’em....it goes on, but I’ll spare you...)
I thought I had a chicken in the freezer, but couldn’t be certain. Better check for one there just in case. I didn’t want to have to stop at Rouse’s too. My sister was waiting for me. I did say I was on my way home. OOPS!!
They had chicken in the freezer, but the pack of quail caught my eye. I love quail. It is a stronger flavor than chicken. Sure they are tiny and a pain. But yummy. Hmmm....I bet the recipe would be good with quail too. I walked out of the store with quail instead of chicken. It is defrosting now.
I have no idea what I’ll make to go with this. I may do something with the soba noodles. Though I have a feeling that the kids will turn their nose up at them. They hated the buckwheat pancakes I INSISTED were just regular ole’ pancakes. Philip INSISTED that his buttermilk pancakes are NOT brown!! I’m sure I’ll get the same sort of response on the buckwheat noodles. Maybe I’ll just make a fried rice. I don’t know.
Whatever I do, I’ve got to get started. I had planned to do some spring cleaning on my afternoon off. Instead, I watched a movie with Zachary and fell asleep on the sofa before it was finished. The kids are both now at the playground with friends and it is time for me to start cooking. I’ll spring clean tomorrow. No, really. I will. (stop laughing!!!!!)
NOW --- GO READ THAT BLOG!!!
I am home on a weekday afternoon ... a rare occurance. My sister has been my sitter all week as the kids are out of school for their obnoxiously long spring break. She needed me to come home this afternoon. But on my way to relieve her from her duties as keeper of my wild children, I swung by the Asian Market on Williams for a couple of supplies. One, really ... but I ended up filling my basket. Though that is much better than filling it up at the regular grocery store, I only spent $44 - I thought that was good.
What sparked my need for a stop there? Since I opened the latest blog entry from my favorite food bloggist (is that a word?). I just love Jaden, of Steamy Kitchen. Seriously. You have to go read her stuff. She’s great! Funny, and damn good recipes. Mostly Asian, but easy to make at home Asian.
http://steamykitchen.com/
Go read it. Really. Come back when you are done. No, wait. Finish reading MY blog first - because you can get lost for hours reading her back entries. Or is that just me? Maybe I’m weird. Or obsessed. I guess that answers my question - I’m obsessed. Yep, I am.
So ... she posted a recipe for a roast chicken in plum sauce. I needed the sauce. I got my sauce (and some soba noodles, and some smelt roe for making some sushi this weekend, and some sweet chili sauce just because, and some enoki mushrooms - cause I like ’em....it goes on, but I’ll spare you...)
I thought I had a chicken in the freezer, but couldn’t be certain. Better check for one there just in case. I didn’t want to have to stop at Rouse’s too. My sister was waiting for me. I did say I was on my way home. OOPS!!
They had chicken in the freezer, but the pack of quail caught my eye. I love quail. It is a stronger flavor than chicken. Sure they are tiny and a pain. But yummy. Hmmm....I bet the recipe would be good with quail too. I walked out of the store with quail instead of chicken. It is defrosting now.
I have no idea what I’ll make to go with this. I may do something with the soba noodles. Though I have a feeling that the kids will turn their nose up at them. They hated the buckwheat pancakes I INSISTED were just regular ole’ pancakes. Philip INSISTED that his buttermilk pancakes are NOT brown!! I’m sure I’ll get the same sort of response on the buckwheat noodles. Maybe I’ll just make a fried rice. I don’t know.
Whatever I do, I’ve got to get started. I had planned to do some spring cleaning on my afternoon off. Instead, I watched a movie with Zachary and fell asleep on the sofa before it was finished. The kids are both now at the playground with friends and it is time for me to start cooking. I’ll spring clean tomorrow. No, really. I will. (stop laughing!!!!!)
NOW --- GO READ THAT BLOG!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment